Catholic Community Health provides holistic care, comfort, and support to address the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of patients and families.
As a ministry of the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas, our interdisciplinary team serves people of all faiths by offering guidance, peace of mind, and compassionate end-of-life care. Our goal is to care for the whole person—body, mind, and spirit.
Catholic Community Health encompasses In-Home Care, Hospice, and Palliative Care.
We understand the impact of aging and serious illness has on patients and their loved ones. Our passion for holistic, geriatric ministry is fueled by the desire to see patients met with a tangible expression of love, hope and compassion.
Home Care, commonly known as Private Duty, allows seniors to grow older with dignity, in the place they feel most comfortable, their home. Our team can help with a wide range of services and assistance with the essential activities of daily living. Services provided by Catholic Community Health include:
• Personal Care Aides – Hands-on care for people who need physical assistance with daily tasks (bathing, grooming, mobility, transfers, preparing meals, and help with feeding, medication reminders, etc.).
• Companion Care – Support for basic caregiving needs and to help prevent social isolation (Friendly conversation and listening, games, reading, accompany the client to appointments, errands, and activities, assist with telephone calls and letter writing etc.)
• Homemaker Services – Help managing basic household duties (Cooking meals, light housekeeping, laundry, grocery shopping, reminders to complete tasks, etc.).
• Caregiver Respite – Support for family caregivers so they can attend to other responsibilities.
• 24-Hour Care – Around-the-clock awake care, seven days a week.
• Live-In Care & Overnight Assistance – Full-time, live-in caregivers as well as overnight awake options.
Catholic Community Hospice can play a key role in managing physical symptoms of a disease (palliative care) and supporting patients and families emotionally and spiritually. Family members often tell us “we could never have gone through this without you.”
Massage therapy has proven to be very effective in managing pain, reducing stiffness, improving circulation, and more.
Music therapy is an opportunity for communication and connection, bringing joy to the patients and those around them.
A visit from a trained pet can increase pain tolerance, reduce stress, lower blood pressure and bring a smile to a patient’s face.
And So Much More
We offer a Veteran-to-Veteran program, Angel Vigils, an Annual Memorial Service, and more.
Hospice care is covered by Medicare A, Medicaid, HMOs, Veterans Administration and many private insurance companies. Coverage generally includes team visitations, medications, equipment and supplies related to the terminal condition.
Catholic Community Hospice is a program of the archdiocese of Kansas City.
Absolutely not! Catholic Community Hospice serves all faiths. Our staff is very sensitive to other religions and beliefs and will work with your spiritual advisers and family to accommodate your needs.
Catholic Community Hospice does always abide by Ethical and Religious Directives for Health Care Services as outlined by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.
If you are unsure whether to contact hospice, talk to your physician. An evaluation can be ordered to see if hospice care would be appropriate. Contact Catholic Community Hospice at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
—Archbishop Joseph F. Naumann, D.D.